07 May 2011

My Five Minutes of On-line Fame

This morning (Saturday, May 7) I am featured in Brecksville Patch, an on-line daily news service covering news and events in my hometown of Brecksville.

The reason: I am conducting a free genealogy workshop at the Brecksville Human Services Center on Wednesdays, 1-3 pm through June 8. We utilize the three public access computers at the center to create online family trees for participants. So far, I have worked with a dozen people starting their family trees. In one case, a woman has made connections with a "cousin" in the United Kingdom as a result of creating her family tree. As she corresponds with this new cousin, I expect her to gain family information that she wouldn't learn any other way.

To read the article, click on the link: http://brecksville.patch.com/articles/helping-brecksville-residents-uncover-their-ancestry?ncid=M255

It will only take 5 minutes to access and read the article, hence my 5 minutes of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment